Our mission is simple: We LOVE pizza. It brings us all together. The world deserves better pizza and we deliver it. We believe in doing the right things the right way all the time and never taking shortcuts. This holds true for the ingredients in our food, the way we treat our employees, and our efforts to reduce our environmental impact.
On May 4, 2022, Papa Johns released its 2021 Corporate Responsibility Report, covering initiatives to advance the company’s environment, social, and governance (ESG) strategy and topics most important to the company and stakeholders.
Highlights featured in the report include:
- Named #1 Pizza Company on Forbes 2021 list of World’s Best Employers and featured on Forbes 2021 list of Best Employers for Diversity
- Earned a 100 percent score on Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s Corporate Equality Index for the second consecutive year
- Launched an Executive Inclusion Council charged with driving the company’s DEI strategy
- Updated certain benefits, including enhancing retirement savings programs and expanding parental leave to offer six weeks of paid leave to all new parents – including birth mothers, fathers, adoptive, and foster parents
- Conducted annual food safety and quality audits of 100 percent of Quality Control Centers, where Papa Johns fresh original dough is made
- Committed to transition to 100% of eggs and egg ingredients to come exclusively from cage-free suppliers for Papa Johns proprietary menu items by 2030
- Reduced food waste through the Papa Johns Harvest Program, donating 250,000+ surplus meals to people in need
- Diverted more than 242,000 pounds of waste from landfills by recycling the company’s reusable dough trays
- Published Environmental Statement which outlines Papa Johns priorities: Sustainable Packaging & Materials Management, Sustainable Agriculture, Food Waste and Greenhouse Gas Emissions
- Introduced The Papa John’s Foundation Building Community Fund, a program for franchisees to apply for grants on behalf of local community organizations and awarded nearly $1 million to more than 100 non-profit organizations in over 40 communities.
- Raised more than $3 million for The Papa John’s Foundation for Building Community through the “Pizza with a Purpose” campaign
- Provided 30,000+ pizzas to first responders and those impacted by natural disasters
To view Papa John’s International, Inc.’s 2021 Corporate Social Responsibility report and learn more about the company's efforts, click here.