Today, for the third consecutive year, Papa Johns was named one of Forbes Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes and Statista, Inc., the world’s leading statistics portal and industry ranking provider.
Ranked No. 206 overall and No. 3 among all restaurant brands, Papa Johns is the only pizza company featured on this year’s list.
Here are a few examples of progress Papa Johns has made in its DEI journey over the past year:
- Invested more than $56 million with diverse and small business suppliers across our value chain
- Launched the Executive Inclusion Council, co-chaired by CEO Rob Lynch and Chief People & Diversity Officer Elias Reyna
- Continued diversification of our workforce across a number of factors
- Launched partnerships with the National Black MBA Conference and the United Negro College Fund RISE Internship Program
- Expanded Dough & Degrees, our fully funded tuition program, to team members working as few as 10 hours per week
The Best Employers for Diversity were selected based on survey from approximately 45,000 U.S. employees working for companies with a minimum of 1,000 employees. The evaluation was based on three different criteria:
- Direct recommendations: Employees were asked to give their opinions on a series of statements regarding Age, Gender, Ethnicity, Disability, LGBTQIA+ and General Diversity in their current workplace. The recommendations of women, elders, and ethnic minorities were weighted higher than the non-minority groups.
- Indirect Recommendations: Participants were also given the chance to evaluate other employers in their respective industries that stand out either positively or negatively with regard to diversity. Only the recommendations of minority groups were considered.
- KPIs: Extensive research was carried out to evaluate how companies fared across a range of diversity-related best-practices. These included things like the presence of resource groups within the company, the publication of diversity data, and the share of women in board and executive positions.
View the full Forbes Best Employers for Diversity 2023 list.