Dough & Degrees gives Papa Johns team members the opportunity to attend college and earn their degree at absolutely no cost to them. Papa Johns covers tuition, books and fees – all paid for upfront by Papa Johns, so there are no out-of-pocket costs to team members. Since 2019, more than 75 Papa Johns team members have earned associate’s, bachelor’s and master’s degrees at no cost to them, including Derek Fitzpatrick, a Papa Johns Franchise Business Partner who earned his Bachelor’s of Science in Information Technology. Derek shared with The Sauce why he decided to continue his education through Dough & Degrees.
What is a challenge you faced while completing your degree and how did you overcome it?
Time management. While working full time at Papa Johns and with a new child, I found that time management was the greatest challenge. I had to make sure I got things finished well ahead of time when possible. In this role, things can come up that require travel and put me in areas where I didn’t have connectivity. Likewise, if I missed a seminar, the alternative assignments added more pressure.
What advice would you give to a fellow team member that wants to go back to school through the Dough & Degrees program, but is hesitant?
Once you establish a routine, it becomes infinitely easier. I was shocked at how fast I felt the program flew by, although I was in it for years. A degree is a good complement to your portfolio to help improve your job productivity and is great for your own personal development.
About Dough & Degrees
- Team members who work as few as 10 hours per week and have been employed for only 60 days at stores owned by Papa Johns may enroll in Dough & Degrees.
- Many Dough & Degrees graduates are now applying their education in new roles across Papa Johns in departments such as Operations Excellence, Marketing and Supply Chain.
- Team members can benefit from an expanded range of learning programs available through Dough & Degrees, providing new opportunities for all eligible team members, no matter when their formal education ended or what course of study they wish to pursue.
- Dough & Degrees features include:
- Associates to Masters Degrees
- College credit for on-the-job training
- Access to top-notch academic advising and guidance from learning experts
- All books and fees covered by Papa Johns
For more information about Dough & Degrees, please visit doughanddegrees.com.