Dough & Degrees gives Papa Johns team members the opportunity to attend college and earn their degree at absolutely no cost to them. Papa Johns covers tuition, books and fees – all paid for upfront by Papa Johns, so there are no out-of-pocket costs to team members. Since 2019, more than 60 Papa Johns team members have earned associate’s, bachelor’s and master’s degrees at no cost to them, including Cory Deangelo, a Papa Johns Director of QCC Operations in Pittsburgh who earned his Master's of Business Administration. Cory shared with The Sauce why he decided to continue his education through Dough & Degrees.
What encouraged you to go back to school?
I started my MBA many years ago but was unable to finish it due to a job change. I believe in lifelong learning. The Dough & Degrees program was a great opportunity that I could not pass up!
What advice would you give to a fellow team member that wants to go back to school through the Dough & Degrees program, but is hesitant?
Be sure to budget the study time that you will need to finish the weekly assignments. For me, it was 10-15 hours per week. I was able to clear a few things out of my personal schedule and make time on the weekends. The program offers flexibility to be able to take a break for a class cycle if you have an unexpected life or job change.
About Dough & Degrees
- Team members who work as few as 10 hours per week and have been employed for only 60 days at stores owned by Papa Johns may enroll in Dough & Degrees.
- Many Dough & Degrees graduates are now applying their education in new roles across Papa Johns in departments such as Operations Excellence, Marketing and Supply Chain.
- Team members can benefit from an expanded range of learning programs available through Dough & Degrees, providing new opportunities for all eligible team members, no matter when their formal education ended or what course of study they wish to pursue.
- Dough & Degrees features include:
- Associates to Masters Degrees
- College credit for on-the-job training
- Access to top-notch academic advising and guidance from learning experts
- All books and fees covered by Papa Johns
For more information about Dough & Degrees, please visit doughanddegrees.com.