Dough & Degrees gives Papa Johns team members the opportunity to attend college and earn their degree at absolutely no cost to them. Papa Johns covers tuition, books and fees – all paid for upfront by Papa Johns, so there are no out-of-pocket costs to team members. Since 2019, more than 60 Papa Johns team members have earned associate’s, bachelor’s and master’s degrees at no cost to them, including Euniecie Alvis, a Papa Johns Connectivity Services Specialist who earned her Associate’s of Applied Science Degree in Computer Networking. Euniecie shared with The Sauce why she decided to continue her education through Dough & Degrees.
Tell me about your most memorable moment while completing your degree.
My most memorable moment while completing my degree was at the very beginning: I hadn’t told my daughter that I had started college. She came home from school and said, “we have homework today.” I smiled and said, “yes we do, me and you.” She was curious as to what I meant, then I told her I was back in school, and she was so happy for me. The look on her face of excitement is one I will never forget.
What is a challenge you faced while completing your degree and how did you overcome it?
One major challenge I faced was finding that work-life balance. I would work a 10-hour shift then come home and be mom. By the time I was finished, it was time to go to sleep and do it all over again. I had to overcome this by planning out my entire week beforehand. I planned meals and clothes to free up time at night to allow me to focus on my work. By doing this I was able to succeed in finishing my degree.
About Dough & Degrees
- Team members who work as few as 10 hours per week and have been employed for only 60 days at stores owned by Papa Johns may enroll in Dough & Degrees.
- Many Dough & Degrees graduates are now applying their education in new roles across Papa Johns in departments such as Operations Excellence, Marketing and Supply Chain.
- Team members can benefit from an expanded range of learning programs available through Dough & Degrees, providing new opportunities for all eligible team members, no matter when their formal education ended or what course of study they wish to pursue.
- Dough & Degrees features include:
- Associates to Masters Degrees
- College credit for on-the-job training
- Access to top-notch academic advising and guidance from learning experts
- All books and fees covered by Papa Johns
For more information about Dough & Degrees, please visit doughanddegrees.com.